Lazy Girls Fitness




As I am sat poised over my laptop looking at the title of this book I feel I should explain why I called this the 'lazy girls fitness' book. If the truth be known I was rather a late bloomer when it came to fitness. I was an overweight child for most of my childhood and thinking about it... my teenage years as well but with no real understanding of why I was the size shape I was I thought everyone looked liked me or as you got older you just go bigger.

I didn't understand I had decisions and control to be responsible for and that I could change. So you see I was a lazy girl without consciously knowing any different. I was the classic couch potato and second helpings child and I loathed ...... I repeat loathed exercise until one day I went to the gym with my father at the age of 17 and for the first time I didn't have to worry about collapsing halfway round the track or letting a team down I just exercised for me.

With exercise came a new body and a new found confidence and if I could bottle it and give it away I would. Occasionally that lazy girl in me still pops up, even now and health and fitness is my living. For so long I battled with my lazy girl but realised using those feelings helped me to understand and be realistic with my clients.

By no means does this mean I give you an easy time but I understand a lot of the emotion, motivation and reasons why people start exercising or have a healthy fear of the unknown when it comes to exercise. My naivety as a child to young adult and lack of nutritional knowledge lead to all sorts of minds sets and confusion until I realised it was me and only me that could educate myself and understand my body.

So this book is the lazy girl and personal trainer in me and a few handy hints I have picked up along the way.

 stands for where, what and why? So are you ready to take control and educate yourself to make you happy and healthy, You don't need a man to tell you, you look gorgeous (unless it is Gok Wan) you don't need to lose weight to look good, to be accepted or to find the solutions to all your problems. Right now you should have that feeling in your stomach when you decide THIS day today (which is always a Monday) is the day you are going to start your new diet, exercise plan, positive thinking, cut down the drinking, smoking or just feel better about the skin you are in.

Except today you are not on your own.... I am here to remind you there are millions of women that have felt, are feeling or will feel like this. I was and still do, even though I am a Personal trainer we all have our demons in different shapes and sizes. From my years of negative thoughts about myself and what I felt I couldn't do or wouldn't be good enough for I should really lie and say

I get up every morning with a spring in my step, the birds are singing and I am always happy and positive, .... well I AM.... some of that person but its a daily/hourly reminder to myself that negative will bring negative. Would you feel confident in someone that ... so try a positive thought start small and believe it!

I read an amazing quote in a girlie magazine not so long ago ' we come to love, not finding the perfect person, but learning to see an imperfect person perfectly' see you are perfect!

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Jackie_Diss

0 comments:

Enregistrer un commentaire